We are seeking for an enthusiastic graduate scientist to take on an exciting role within our R&D team concerning the use of Atmospheric Science for healthcare-oriented applications based on Earth Observation. The R&D Specialist will collaborate in the development of innovative techniques for the real-time monitoring and forecasting of the spectral solar radiation and of its effects on healthcare. This will require development of our high-throughput big data algorithms for atmospheric radiative modelling along with an appreciation of the health implications for human skin.
The work performed will be extremely relevant for the development of the innovative digital solutions of siHealth dedicated to healthcare, like the HappySun technology (www.happysun.co.uk) and its commercial applications (e.g. mobile apps for sunburn avoidance and vitamin D sufficiency). This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company and make a real impact on its success, paving the way also for a possible career in the R&D department.
- develop algorithms and software for elaborating Earth Observation satellites & NWP data, modelling the spectral solar radiation and its effects on healthcare;
- perform data inter-comparison and validation with respect to ground-based data, publishing the related results in peer-reviewed papers and at scientific conferences;
- research, design, develop and verify data analysis systems, participating also in the company’s projects mainly for requirements definition and sub-systems design.
Skills & experience required:
- Degree (e.g. MSc) in a scientific discipline, preferably Physics or Mathematics;
- Excellent analytical and time management skills;
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude;
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
Nice to have
- Knowledge in atmospheric physics and experience of data analytics;
- Experience with computer programming and/or scripting languages (Python, MATLAB, C/C++).
siHealth Ltd, Harwell Campus (www.harwellcampus.co.uk), Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Permanent position, full-time, competitive salary indicatively between £30,000 and £40,000 yearly gross (to be defined depending on candidate’s experience)
How to apply:
For this position, no recruitment agency support is envisaged.
Please send your CV by email to schedule an informal discussion about this opportunity:
Dr Marco Morelli (CTO) – marco.morelli@sihealth .co .uk