We are seeking for an enthusiastic graduate/post-doc scientist to take on an exciting role within our R&D team concerning the use of Atmospheric Science for healthcare-oriented applications. The R&D Atmospheric Data Modelling Specialist will be mainly involved in a project carried out by siHealth in collaboration with the University of Cambridge (Prof Paul Linden) for the near real-time monitoring of air pollution at high spatial resolution and its impact on skin care. This will require development of atmospheric transport modelling systems by combining Numerical Weather Predictions, ground-based monitoring stations and Earth Observation satellite data, along with an appreciation of the health implications for human skin.
The work performed will be aid the development of innovative digital solutions aimed to prevent the impacts of air pollution on skin health as well as its combined effects with solar radiation: the photo-pollution effect on skin ageing. This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company and make a real impact on its success, paving the way also for a possible career in the R&D department.
- develop algorithms and software for extracting atmospheric data, modelling the different pollutants in the atmosphere and their effects on skin health;
- perform data inter-comparison and validation with respect to ground-based data, publishing the related results in peer-reviewed papers and at scientific conferences;
- actively participate to the scientific collaboration with the University of Cambridge;
- research, design, develop and verify data analysis systems, participating also in the company’s projects mainly for requirements definition and sub-systems design.
Skills & experience:
- Degree (e.g. MSc, PhD) in a scientific discipline, preferably Physics or Mathematics;
- Excellent analytical, time management and teamwork skills;
- Knowledge of atmospheric physics or chemistry and experience of data analytics;
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
Nice to have:
- Experience with computer programming and/or scripting languages (Python, MATLAB, C/C++).
- Experience with computational fluid dynamics
siHealth Ltd, Harwell Campus (www.harwellcampus.co.uk), Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
Permanent position, full-time, competitive salary level indicatively between £30,000 and £40,000 yearly gross (to be defined depending on candidate’s experience)
How to apply:
Send a covering letter (mandatory) outlining your possible contribution to the company’s projects along with your CV (mandatory) and two reference letters (optional) to Dr Marco Morelli (marco.morelli@sihealth. co. uk).
For this position, no recruitment agency support is envisaged.